About IMPERIAL Holdings
IMPERIAL is a diversified industrial services and retail group with activities spanning logistics, car rental and tourism, distributorships, automotive retail and related financial services. IMPERIAL operates in South Africa, Africa, Europe and Australia.
IMPERIAL is a major road user in Southern Africa with its sheer size and geographic footprint putting the group in a great position to make a difference:
- 460 million kilometres were travelled by its southern African transport fleet last year.
- There are 6,800 trucks in the logistics fleet and additional access to 5,000 sub-contractors’ vehicles.
- 150 000 new and used cars sold in South Africa through IMPERIAL.
- One in every three car rental transactions in South Africa is made through IMPERIAL.
- IMPERIAL operates 600 vessels on the waterways of Europe with over 1 million tonnes combined load capacity, and transports in excess of 53 million tonnes per annum in Europe.
IMPERIAL is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, and is run on a decentralised management structure that actively encourages entrepreneurship, innovation and industry best practice. The company employs 40,000 people, who are responsible for the growth and continued success of the group that began as a motor dealer in downtown Johannesburg in 1948.
Fore more information about IMPERIAL click here